Image size on home page post

Support Area Forums Foundation Image size on home page post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Brian Davis
    Participant

Hi,

I can’t get the image to size correctly on the home page post the top is cut off, I have tried to resize but is not showing correctly. I tried to set image as feature post, but image is cut off on home page. Is there a way to make all images one size for all post?

Thanks,

Bill Robbins

Brian,

Sorry for the trouble with the image sizing. The theme will size the featured images at the bottom of the home page to be 300 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall. It will try to resize the image to fit, but if it can’t fit perfectly, it will then crop the image to fit.

If possible make your images either 300 by 200 or a multiple of that so WordPress will keep them looking like you’d like them to be.

Let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

Brian Davis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks worked great, now I am trying to add a image to the slider, but the top is cut off, can you tell me what size I need for the slider image to fit?

Thanks,
    Brian

Bill Robbins

Brian,

Good question. The slider images are set to be 630 pixels wide by 420 pixels tall. If you have any trouble with sizing them let me know.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Brian Davis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I tried to resize in photo bucket but image is blurred, is there a way to resize within foundation theme? or is there a software I need to resize correctly?

Thanks,
    Brian

Bill Robbins

It is possible to edit an image inside WordPress. To do that, go to the media section of your WordPress control panel. Click on the image you’d like to edit. After you do that, you’ll see an “edit” link. Click on that link and you can crop the image to be the size you’d like it to be.

One thing it doesn’t do very well is scale a smaller image up. If you need to blow up a larger image, you’ll probably want to do it with an image editor like Photoshop. If you happen to be a Mac user, the Preview program that’s part of OS X can also do a nice job of resizing images.

Let me know if I can help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Image size on home page post’ is closed to new replies.