Image size in Gallery format

Support Area Forums Foundation Image size in Gallery format

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.VCHousingTrustFund.org
  • Author
    Karen Fraser
    Participant

I have 5 equal sized pictures in the Gallery of my “Projects” page. Only the last image is showing fitted to the slideshow. No matter how I reformat the size, the other images don’t fit into the frame. What can I do to scale the images so that they fit in the frame? or How can I enlarge the height of the slide show frame?

Bill Robbins

Hello Karen,

Good question. The slideshow image size for the inside pages is the same as the front page slider (760 pixels wide by 506 pixels tall). You’ll get your best results by sizing your images to be that size before uploading them to WordPress. That will keep them from being cropped and also keep the size consistent.

If you run into trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Karen Fraser
    Participant

Thanks Bill. I resized the pictures and uploaded them into the Gallery, but the slideshow is still grabbing the old pics. I can’t figure out how to edit the slideshow to reflect the new pics.

Bill Robbins

Karen,

You’ll need to delete the old pictures out of the media library. That will remove them.

Let me know if that gives you trouble,
    Bill

Karen Fraser
    Participant

Now I seem to have lost the slideshow altogether (it magically appeared the first time; I don’t know why), and the new pics are not fitting into the thumbnails since they’re not square.

Karen Fraser
    Participant

And when I “preview the changes” it “can not find the page” Im looking for. I have to manually click on it.

Bill Robbins

Karen,

If I didn’t have to worry about the thousands of sites using the theme already, I would so change how the slideshow works here. But I can’t change it without disrupting them unfortunately.

Back when I made this, I didn’t have as many options to let WordPress know which images to include in the slideshow. The only way to make that connection is to set it so that all images that are uploaded while editing that page/post will be the ones used in the slideshow. You don’t have to insert the images into the page/post content, but you do have to upload them on that page.

So if you need to have a separate thumbnail gallery on that page, upload those images by going to Media in your dashboard and selecting Add New. You can upload the images there. Then go back to the page and insert a gallery. You’ll then be able to pick the images out of your library to include in the thumbnail gallery.

The size of the thumbnails is set in WordPress’ media settings. To change those, go to Settings in your dashboard and click on Media. You’ll be able to adjust the size and crop there.

Truthfully if I was setting up a site with Foundation at this time, I would probably install a slider plugin like Soliloquy (https://wordpress.org/plugins/soliloquy-lite/) and insert it into the page where I wanted the slider. That would give more options and flexibility.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Image size in Gallery format’ is closed to new replies.