I added our contact info in the bottom line, but the email doesn't work if you c

Support Area Forums Forward I added our contact info in the bottom line, but the email doesn't work if you c

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://allkidshealthy.com/
  • Author

I added our contact info in the bottom line, but the email doesn’t work if you click on it. How can I do this in a better way? I don’t want the whole contact widget with maps and everything. Just our name, email (to click on) and phone number. Thanks again

I’m not a pro, just a first starter. So excuse me for the simple questions.

Bill Robbins

Instead of using the contact widget since you don’t need the map, just use the “Visual Editor” widget from the BlackStudio TinyMCE widget plugin I mentioned in the other post. You can add your address and contact information with it and it’ll make it easier to add links.

An email address link is a little different than a link to a website. A website link looks like this:

while a email link, looks like this:

mailto:name@email.com

where name@email.com is the email address.

What you’ll want to do is type the email address in the widget’s editor. Then select the text and click on the link icon. In the pop up that opens up, in the URL field enter the mailto:name@email.com and update your widget.

That should give you an email link. Make sure to have the email address as the text that’s visible to the visitor instead of something like “email us” since not everyone has an email app configured on their computers or they may be using someone else’s computer. You still want them to find your address.

If you have questions, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘I added our contact info in the bottom line, but the email doesn't work if you c’ is closed to new replies.