How to customise the header menu colour

Support Area Forums Grassroots How to customise the header menu colour

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://giiamarketing.com/LocalBiz7/
  • Author
    Paula Gainey
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m customising this site for community organisation. I’ve set up the demo content to make sure the functionality is set before. I’d like to change the colour of the header menu for the HOME button and the button key for the DONATE page but having trouble identifying where this change can been done before I start customising the content. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Paula

Paula Gainey
    Participant

Hi there,

Scratch that I’ve just found an earlier thread about header menu and working through the changes now.

Thanks

Paula

Paula Gainey
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m back haha. So I’ve read through all the threads to see if I’ve missed something but I still have one more hurdle to getting my menu links consistent.

I’ve got the HOME page and every page that has a Hero section active formatting in the Orange colour. I’ve set what I can find for navigation in the Theme options/customiser areas but I cannot find where to change the colour of the Navigation ‘Button’ for a non-Hero enabled page.

Could you please help me solve this puzzle (maybe it’s a CSS edit – of which I’m not too familiar or is it somewhere in the parent theme files as I’ve set a child theme as the active theme).

Many thanks

Paula

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Paula,

Excellent question. Looking at this I don’t believe there is a separate control for setting that color. Here’s how you would do it:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

nav#top-menu ul li.button a,
      .scroll nav#top-menu ul li.button a {
      	border-color: #AEB54C;
      	color: #AEB54C;
      }

nav#top-menu ul li.button a:hover,
      .scroll nav#top-menu ul li.button a:hover {
      	color: #000;
      	border-color: #000;
      }

The top style there is for the “normal” state of the button. The second one is for the hover state. Those are the default values so change those to fit your needs.

3. Update your settings.

See if that doesn’t do the trick. If you have trouble, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Paula Gainey
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Great success! Thank you so much for that 🙂

Have a happy weekend

Paula

Bill Robbins

That’s fantastic Paula. Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to customise the header menu colour’ is closed to new replies.