How to crop thumbnail image in Gallery?

Support Area Forums Authentic How to crop thumbnail image in Gallery?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author

Hi Bill,

I hope you are doing well.

I have a quick question concerning the thumbnail image in the gallery.

What I usually do once I am done uploading all the images:
    – I resize them all to 630 X 420
    – I check each thumbnail image.
    However when not right I CANNOT seem to be able to crop it differently. I was only able to reduce the image size; it resulted with a gallery with thumbnail images of different sizes (http://www.flamesofrevival.co.uk/2012/11/14/releasing-the-sounds-of-heaven-conference-2012/#more-682)

Could you please send me some detailed instructions (step by step) on how to crop the thumbnail image and still have a gallery like in the Authencity template i.e. all thumbnail images have the same size? It seems to be quite tricky and not as straightforward as it looks.

Many thanks,

Bill Robbins

Great question. The thumbnail size that’s used in the gallery is set by going to the “Settings” section of your WordPress control panel and selecting “Media.”

Right at the top of that screen you can set the thumbnail size and also if you’d like them to be hard cropped to that size or not.

Any changes you make will only affect new images that are uploaded. To change the images you’ve already added, you’ll need to use the Regenerate Thumbanils plugin.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Thanks Bill for your quick reply.
    I will test it and let you know if any problems/questions.

One more question but this time regarding videos.
    I have created this page with videos (http://www.flamesofrevival.co.uk/media/videos/) however I would like to add more videos and was wondering if it’s possible to add pages? Is there a solution to keep all the videos on the same link (and page programming wise) but on different pages on the website?

Many thanks,

Bill Robbins

Probably the easiest way to do that would be to create a category where you place each video as it’s own post. You could then add that category to your navigation which would create a “page” for your videos.

That’s how I would go about it I believe.

If you run into trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to crop thumbnail image in Gallery?’ is closed to new replies.