Hosting at Amazon S3

Support Area Forums Kerygma Hosting at Amazon S3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    George Sargent
    Participant

Bill,

I’ve been working the problem of hosting church sermon audio files at Google or DropBox or somewhere else as it seems to be recommended thing to do. However, it seems every solution I’ve encountered has side-effects that make it undesirable. (For example, when I pass the site maintenance on to someone else, it’s going to be too complicated it seems.)

Now I’m thinking that I should just host everything at one place and not worry about audio. I see you have recommended Amazon S3. That sound good, but it may not be all that straight forward.

I read your dialog of August 31, 2013 (https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/topic/download-link-in-a-podcast/) You gave an altered download script and said you would return with a theme update. Is it straightforward now to host audio or even the whole site at Amazon S3?

Thank you.

George

Bill Robbins

Excellent question George.

I do think hosting media with Amazon’s S3 can be a good thing. It’ll work fine with the downloading that’s built into the theme so there shouldn’t be trouble there. I use it to host some of the video media in my theme demos. It’s very good for audio too.

If you do have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Hosting at Amazon S3’ is closed to new replies.