Home Sidebar Widget size and arrangement

Support Area Forums Epic Home Sidebar Widget size and arrangement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Participant

On the Epic demo, the widgets at the bottom are loaded so that column 1 is long (due to the content size, then column 2 is short, column 3 is short…and the Blog-feed widget is as wide as the Podcast and Text widgets combined. How can I set a widget to do this? Additionally, in what order do I place the widgets in the sidebar controls to get the 4th widget size to work this way?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Kim,

The widget arrangement at the bottom can be a bit funny. Essentially all of the widgets are set to occupy one column (out of three) except for the recent post widget. It’s made to take up two columns on the home page.

That said, you can make a widget span two rows if you want to. To do that, first add the widget to your home page. View the source code and look for the widget section. Each widget has a unique ID that you can use to style that particular widget.

In the demo, there is a text widget at the bottom. It starts with this bit of code:

<div id="text-2" class="widget widget_text">

It has an id of text-2. We can use that with a bit of CSS to make that particular text widget span two columns. The code would look like this:

#text-2 {
    	width: 580px;
    }

That’s really all there is to that. If you have any questions, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Sidebar Widget size and arrangement’ is closed to new replies.