Home Screen question

Support Area Forums Umami Home Screen question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://turtlecreekwineandspirits.com
  • Author
    Scott Britt
    Participant

Hello,
    Love the theme. Got a few questions though. When I go to my website the navigation area slides in from the left and that is fine. The issue is another “slide” comes in titled “Start Adding Content”. How do I stop that slide from coming in?

Scott Britt
    Participant

I guess the better question is how do I leave the content area of my static page empty?

Bill Robbins

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question too. To have an empty page, first you’ll need to go to the pages section in your WordPress control panel and create a new page. Give it a title, but leave the content area blank and then publish your page.

To make it the front page of your site, go to the settings section in your WordPress dashboard and choose reading. At the top of that screen you can choose what the front page displays. Choose to display a static page and then from the top drop-down there, select the page you just created as your front page. If you’d like to have a blog, you can select a page for it in the posts drop-down.

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Scott Britt
    Participant

Thanks for the answer. Got it working!

Bill Robbins

Anytime Scott. Have a great evening and let me know if you have any other questions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Screen question’ is closed to new replies.