Home Product Widget Formatting

Support Area Forums Elite Home Product Widget Formatting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.lostcottageart.com
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Bill,

I have a quick question.

With the Home Products widget that shows when you put it under the Home Sections, is there a way (if I put multiple Home Products widgets under a section) to get them to align Horizontally instead of stacking vertically?

Say if I only have one product in a category and it has a bunch of negative space and I want to combine it in line with the other products so it’s not by itself. Does that make sense?

Didn’t know if this was a simple fix or something in the masonry. Other than have more products of coarse.

Thanks,
    Matt

Bill Robbins

Hey Matt,

That’s a good question. You may want to create a category for each grouping of products on your home page that you have. You can add products to more than one category, so they can stay as they are already classified too.

It’s also possible to hide a category from the catalog so the additional category won’t show up on your shop page.

See how that works out for you,
    Bill

Matt
    Participant

I see what your saying. So basically I would just create a category specifically to show for the home Page per se. I can then order the ones I want to show on the Home Products Widget. Right?

For Hiding the categories on my products page so that don’t show in multiple ones, I’m not sure how to do that. I definitely wouldn’t want catergory for ie. “Home Section 1” to show up under Categories.

I was reading a post someone mentioned on WoomCommerce about being able to hide products and only show grouped producst.http://www.sellwithwp.com/woocommerce-grouped-products/. But I don’t know what version of WP they are using, but I don’t see ‘the options’ that they are showing as an example at the bottom.

Thanks,
    Matt

Bill Robbins

That’s it. Just create a category simply for showing products on the home page.

I thought they had a setting when you’re editing a category to exclude it from the shop page. Looks like they don’t, but you can still accomplish that with the function they have at http://docs.woothemes.com/document/exclude-a-category-from-the-shop-page/

Bill Robbins

Scratch that. I think I may have a better idea here. What you could do is leave the categories out of your shop page. Then you could add images with links to your categories in the content that’s above your shop. That way you can have whatever image you’d like directing users to that category. And you don’t have to worry about hiding any categories.

Matt
    Participant

Yes they only have an options to exclude a Product from the Shop Page. Just found out what the post was talking about. It won’t work in my instance.

I see what you’re saying and I do think that is an option, however, I just tried it and the gallery will not allow me to change the URL link. Not sure why. I have Link to: Attachement, Media & None, but the URL is grey out and won’t let me change it. Even if I try Media file, nothing. It’s want to make it it’s own post page. Am I missing something? I like your idea, otherwise I may just have to use the Woocommerce Category style above.

Matt

Bill Robbins

Sorry for the confusion. I didn’t mean a gallery, but individual images. You can add links to any image that is inserted into WordPress. There is a plugin that will let you do the same with a gallery if you want to go that route, but I was just thinking of individual images. Add a link, left align and you’ll have a custom landing for your categories.

Matt
    Participant

Ok. I see what you’re saying. I tried the above style from Woocommerce and it didn’t remove the category. I know I put the correct slug. Anyways, the only workaround I know is to put a category like ‘All Products’ so that it makes since only thing is I not all products will be in it want all products to be in it. Say I only want to show three on the front page because I don’t have enough to fill two lines. Then when you go to the Shop Page and see ‘All Products’ and click on it, it on displays a few (the ones you use for the Home Page). Not exactly All Products.

Not sure how I’m going to figure this out. If the above style would have worked correctly then it would have alleviated that issue. Anyways, I think have a work around. Why does this have to be so difficult. 🙂 You’re the best!!

Thanks,
    Matt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Product Widget Formatting’ is closed to new replies.