Home Page

Support Area Forums Bottega Home Page

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Robert VILKAITIS
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I can’t figure out how to make home page same as the demo.

I’ve set the front page as “Latest Posts”, I also imported the sample data. I have checked there are slides setup, but it just displays latest posts instead of the slides and featured buttons.

Do you have any advise on this?

http://www.brierlyscafe.com/

Thank you.

Regards,
    Ke

Bill Robbins

Ke,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the confusion with the home page. Here’s how you’ll want to set it up.

1. Go to the “pages” section of your WordPress dashboard and create a page called “Home.”
    2. In the right hand column while creating the page, you’ll see a box labeled “Page Attributes.”
    3. In that box there is a drop-down for page templates. Choose “Home” and then publish your page.
    4. Next go to the Settings section of your dashboard and select “Reading.”
    5. At the top of this page you can choose to have the front page display your latest posts or to display a static page.
    6. Choose to use a static page and then select your “Home” page from the drop-down.
    7. Update your settings.

That will set up the home page like the demo.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Robert VILKAITIS
    Participant

Hello Bill,

Worked great!

Thank you!

Regards,
    ke

Barbara Saunders
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’ve got the same problem as the previous fellow. I’ve followed your steps above with no success.

The page is titled ‘Home’
    The page attribute template is set to ‘Home’
    The Setting>Reading is set to ‘front page’ and static
    And the static page is ‘Home’
    How can I get the ‘front’ page to display properly?

Here’s the link: http://soloproradio.com

I’ve uploaded the photo that I wanted in the large ‘slider’ but that section doesn’t show up on the page. Neither do the 5 smaller images below it. Is there a more complete set of template instructions somewhere that I haven’t found yet?

Thanks,

Bill Robbins

Barbara,

Thank you for your business first of all. It looks like you do have your home page set successfully so that’s a good sign.

The five images that make up our “featured row” are the most recent five posts from the category of your choosing. In the theme options page, there is a tab called “Home Page.” At the top, you can select to include the featured row (it’s on by default) and also which category of posts you’d like to display there. Each WordPress post is assigned to a category. You can create new categories by going to Posts > Categories in your dashboard.

The images for the featured row are the “featured images” of their respective posts. There is a quick screencast in our video section that walks through adding a featured images.

For the slideshow images, here’s a quick video that shows how they work:

It’s made with the Progress theme, but the process is the same.

If you have any trouble or questions, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Page’ is closed to new replies.