Home page

Support Area Forums Epic Home page

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://rebeccabrooksromance.com
  • Author
    Rebecca Brooks
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks in advance for your help. I’m trying to update my home page. Currently I have a static image and then a bunch of widgets. I’d like to add a home page so there is content in addition to the image and the widgets. I went to pages –> home and put in the content I want. Under Attributes I went to templates –> home.

Then I went to Settings –> Reading and selected static page and Home page. I saved those changes and then I published the home page.

Nothing has happened, though, so I’m wondering what I’ve done wrong and whether it’s possible to have a home page rather than just widgets, or what else I need to do?

Thanks so much.

Bill Robbins

Hello Rebecca,

Great question there. If you’d like to have content on your home page, the easiest option is to use the BlackStudio TinyMCE widget plugin. It adds in a new widget to your site that has the same editor as your pages/posts do. You can use that to add in text to your home page that’s also easy to format since it has the same toolbar you have in the pages/posts editor.

You can then copy the text out of your home page’s content area and then add it to your new widget.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Home page’ is closed to new replies.