Home Bottom Widgets Problem

Support Area Forums Foundation Home Bottom Widgets Problem

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jill Moore
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I have a twitter feed and Facebook widget on the bottom of my Home Page http://brightdawnfoundation.org/ But they run into each other so you cannot see the first widget. How can I space them so that they are both visible?

Thanks
    Jill

Bill Robbins

Jill,

Sorry I didn’t get you an answer sooner. The trouble there is with the script we use to stack up the elements on the home page. The twitter and facebook items load after the page is finished being built and the widgets are already in position.

What I would suggest doing is specifying a height for each of those widgets so they will have enough space once the loading is completed. Here’s how you can do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#home-widgets .widget_facebook_widget {
      	height: 280px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That should keep the Twitter widget from sitting on top of the Facebook one.

I did notice while looking at your site that the style.css file seems to have been replaced with a copy of the source code from the front page of your site. I would recommend downloading the theme again and restoring the original style.css file. That should help the site function a bit better too.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Jill Moore
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much. All working OK. Do not really understand about the style.css file but have restored the original file as suggested.

Have a great weekend.

Jill

Bill Robbins

Glad that’s working Jill. Enjoy your weekend too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Bottom Widgets Problem’ is closed to new replies.