Home Bottom Widget

Support Area Forums Foundation Home Bottom Widget

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Charles Smith
    Participant

I would like to see if there is a better way to display the Home Bottom Widget. Here is the problem. I am using two plugins, Post Type Oder (http://www.nsp-code.com/) so I can re-order all my posts so all data specific are located as the newest posts, and Post Expirator so I do not have to manual edit a post of a past event (post can go backl to draft or delete).

The problem is that when the number of articles available decreases below the number of the articles specific to show in Foundation Settings the Home Bottom widget that is displayed on the left side starts to break down and the items in this widget area are scattered on the page…. Is there a way to lock the widgets in Home Bottom say they are always locks in the left?

http://www.wilmingtondistrictumc.net

Bill Robbins

Since you know the height of your sidebar, we can make the height of the post area equal to it so they don’t wrap down. I don’t have the widgets set to form a column so that someone can have their widgets across the lower part of the site in case they don’t want to display posts there.

Here’s how to add a height to the post area:

1. Go to the appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit to open up the theme editor
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css and scroll down to the very bottom and paste this:

#home-posts {
      float: right;
      display: inline;
      width: 630px;
      margin-right: 30px;
      height: 1300px;
      }

.post-highlight {
      clear: both;
      height: 161px;
      margin-bottom: 20px;
      }

3. Save your changes

See if that doesn’t give you the height you’re looking for. Let me know if you need any other help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Bottom Widget’ is closed to new replies.