Hide page title

Support Area Forums Foundation Hide page title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Kimberly Michael
    Participant

Hello there,
    I would like to use graphics instead of the page title on a couple of the pages of my site, but I would still like the typed titled reflected in the nav bar and page header. Is there a way to hide the typed title from individual pages? I know there are ways to have “specific instance” changes in CSS, but I’m not sure where/how to do that in a theme.

An example is here: https://seffor8schools.org/sef-a-palooza/, you can see the title below the graphic is redundant.

Thank you!
    Kimberly

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Kimberly,

Great question. You can hide the page title on any page or post. Here’s how I would go about doing that. Install and activate the Art Direction plugin. It adds a new box when you’re editing a page/post where you can add styling that’s specific to that page/post.

Then anyplace where you’d like to hide the title, just paste this into the new box:

(make sure to copy the code above from the forum directly and not the notification email)

Then update your page. That should hide the page title from displaying on that particular page/post.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Kimberly Michael
    Participant

Thanks! This works perfectly. Its is a bit unsettling that the plugin hasn’t been updated in 4 years, but I am going to assume it doesn’t make radical enough changes for that to matter—it works perfectly!
    kmbr

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that worked for you. It is crazy that the plugin has been that long between updates, but it’s a really simple plugin that there isn’t all that much to it.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide page title’ is closed to new replies.