Hide 'Header Logo' on home page only?

Support Area Forums Elite Hide 'Header Logo' on home page only?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://http://brazencomms.co.uk
  • Author
    glen hearnden
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Is it possible to turn off or hide the Header Logo (or text option) just on the home page?

Want to include the logo in the slides as part of the image being used on home page and duplication of the logo set in the header over the top is not looking any good.

Still want the header logo to appear on other pages, so is there somewhere I can instruct hide on home page only? Obviously don’t want to remove the site title in admin, or affect how it is used/found in searches.

Thanks in advance…

Paul

Bill Robbins

Hello Paul,

Great question. You can do that with a bit of CSS. It looks like you’re using a child theme so add this to the style.css file there:

.home #logo {
    	visibility: hidden;
    }

The theme uses a WordPress tag that adds classes to the HTML body element depending on what’s being viewed. We can use the home class to change the CSS on that page only. That snippet should hide the logo only on the home page of your site.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

glen hearnden
    Participant

Just the trick Bill, as usual, thanks very much for your support.

Paul

Bill Robbins

Happy to help out Paul. Have a great day!

glen hearnden
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Is there an option/way to turn off display of both the ‘Header Logo’ and ‘Header Text’, so neither show on any pages?

Suppose could get rid of blog title, which I think is used for ‘Text’, but don’t want to adversely affect search terms, etc., which I assume this would do.

Perhaps something to add in to Elite in future, option for Logo/Text/Nothing in the header area…

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Bill Robbins

Paul,

Sorry about missing this. I intentionally clicked “stick” instead of “close” when I replied last. By that time I was unsubscribed to the post so I didn’t get the update email.

You can hide just about anything. I would not want to remove the logo completely from the page for SEO, but you can hide it. It can always be positioned off screen too.

If you have trouble, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide 'Header Logo' on home page only?’ is closed to new replies.