Header

Support Area Forums Elite Header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Bill,
    I made my logo bigger than the example you have. The problem is when I scroll down the page or go to another page the thickness of the header is pretty large. Do you have another solution for a bigger logo. Maybe changing the opacity or somehow creating the logo in front of the header, so the thickness isn’t so large.

Thanks for your help

Carl

Bill Robbins

Hey Carl,

I may know of a way to work around that. In our Moonrise theme, we have a method to shrink the logo once the user starts scrolling. Any chance you could send over a link to your site so I can a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

Right now I am working on it on the backend and I have a coming soon page up right now. If you email me, I can give you a user name and password for you to log into.

Bill Robbins

You’re welcome to email it to me at support@organizedthemes.com or you can mark your reply here as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it. Either way works fine. I’ll take a look after we get back from lunch.

Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the login Carl. There’s a couple of different approaches to this you could consider. In my Bottega theme (http://demo.organizedthemes.com/bottega) we have the logo positioned absolutely which causes it to hang over the content a bit below it. You can do that with this theme. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#logo,
      #text-logo {
      	max-width: none;
      	position: absolute;
      }

3. Update your settings.

The other option is a bit more involved. You can add a couple of lines of javascript that will insert a class to the header once the browser is not scrolled all the way to the top. You could use that to apply a different style to the header at that point. That would be similar to how we add in a header bar background on scroll in the theme. If you’d like to go that route, let me know.

You could also use a semi-transparent background for the header bar. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#header.scroll-background,
      body.standard #header,
      body.blog #header,
      body.archive #header,
      body.error404 #header,
      body.search #header {
      	background-color: rgba(26,26,26,0.8);
      }

Just replace the rgba color with the one you’d like to use. The last number there is the transparency setting on a scale of 0 (transparent) to 1 (opaque).

3. Update your settings.

If you need any help, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Header’ is closed to new replies.