header.php

Support Area Forums Moonrise header.php

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    sebastien garnier
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    my previous webmaster wrote in header.php

<meta name=”description” content=”Votre opticien à Antibes – 17, Rue de la République – 04 93 33 97 54″ />
    <meta name=”title” lang=”fr” content=”Optique Garnier” />
    <meta name=”keywords” content=”lunettes, jumelles, lunettes de soleil, lunettes de vue, lentilles de contact, telescopes, mode, soleil, tendance, iso9001, iso, iso-9001, rayban, ray ban, d&g, dolce & gabana, dior, gucci, quicksilver, bulgari, bvlgari, lacoste, diesel, emporio, armani, nafnaf, rg512, puma, esprit, police, antibes, cannes, nice, opticien, optique, lunettes, magasin, essilor, carl, zeis, nikon” />

can I copy and paste this in the Header.php of moonrise theme? and where?

Best regards

Bill Robbins

Hey Sebastien,

That’s a great question. What I would suggest doing is installing the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin. It adds in fields for titles, descriptions and keywords to your pages/posts. That’s the best way to go about adding those inside WordPress.

What the plugin does is add a new box just below the main content box on your pages/posts. You can enter in the title, description and other information for search engines there. They can be different on every page/post which will also help out your search engine visibility.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

sebastien garnier
    Participant

I’ve already intalled SEO by Yoast.
    I know my website is new (1 month old only) but I’d like to be in the firsts pages of google searches when a user search “optician” in my town….
    With Yoast I pay a lot of attention to be as optimized as I can do…
    Is there a way to put “a booster” for google with “optician” and “city” for the home page?

Bill Robbins

Building your organic search ranking usually takes time, especially if there are quite a few other sites for the same search terms. It’s worth the time to build your SEO — write good copy, keep things update, build backlinks from good sources in your community and elsewhere.

But while you wait you can always do Google Ad Words their pay per click advertising. That way you will be sure to get your ad before people using your search terms.

sebastien garnier
    Participant

Thank you Bill for those informations!
    I’ll do my best
    BEst regards (and happy Thanksgiving!)
    sebastien

Bill Robbins

Anytime 🙂

Let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘header.php’ is closed to new replies.