Header image or slide in inner pages

Support Area Forums Agency Header image or slide in inner pages

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    nzurita
    Participant

Is it possible to show slide in inner pages, not only homepage? If not, is it possible to set a header image for pages, not only post categories?

All my content is based in pages more than posts, and main menu entries all point to pages so I would like header image to be also in pages

Bill Robbins

Great question. It is possible to have the fallback be the home page slideshow. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose media-default.php.
    3. Scroll down to the bottom and look for this:

<?php }

4. Right above that, paste this:

5. Save your changes.

That will cause the home page slideshow to appear on all posts and pages that do not use the Image, Video, or Gallery formats.

If you run into trouble or have any questions, just let me know.

Thank you for your business,
    Bill

ybike
    Participant

HI Bill,

Related to this. The feature images in the inner pages used to become the header images. I noticed in the newer version of this theme that is not the case. Is that for design purposes to focus on the content?

Essentially, for pages I’m trying to add a feature image but its not becoming the header image, but I don’t want the home slideshow to appear for every page. Help?

Thanks

Brian

Bill Robbins

Brian,

Great question. In the newer versions of the theme, you can still use the featured image at the top in place of the slideshow. To do that you’ll want to add a featured image and then choose to use the Image “format.” When editing your page, you’ll see a box in the right hand column for format. Just choose image from the list there and your featured image should end up in the header.

You can also choose gallery which will create a slideshow out of all the images you uploaded on that page, or video which will let you embed a video in place of an image too.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Header image or slide in inner pages’ is closed to new replies.