Google Fonts don't seem to work

Support Area Forums Umami Google Fonts don't seem to work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Advanced
    Participant

Hello Bill,

I made sure I do not have disable Google fonts checked, but when trying to choose a font using the customize sizebar – no matter what font I choose, it either looks like Arial, Times Roman or Comic Sans. I wanted to see how Dancing Script would look with the site, but that one just looks like Comic Sans when I click on it.

Maybe I’m missing something I’m supposed to activate. Any suggestions?

Bill Robbins

I’d be glad to take a look for you. What’s the URL to your site?

Advanced
    Participant

I almost forgot – also, when I set a color for the h1, h2, etc. it won’t stick and all the text is white.
    Here is the url: http://advancedcmsservices.info/yoshi/

Bill Robbins

I did notice that WP Super Cache is enabled. Let’s start by going to settings and the WP Super Cache and disable the cache. Sometimes that’s all it takes.

If that doesn’t do it, can you send over a login too? You can mark the reply as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it. I’ll need to take a look at the backend if the settings won’t save.

Thanks,
    Bill

Advanced
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hey Susan,

Thanks for sending those over. I think I may have tracked down what’s happening. On the home page as it is, only widgets are visible. To change the fonts and colors of those, you’ll need to go to the section labeled “Sidebar.” I changed the widget title font, color and the widget font and color too for you just to make sure all is well there.

Give it a shot and let me know if you run into any issues there.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Advanced
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for taking a look, but the widgets/sidebar was fine. I wanted to change the header fonts and color of the header fonts (h1, h2, etc.), on the pages – like what you see on this page: http://advancedcmsservices.info/yoshi/about-us/

When I click on theme options and “navigation” tab and “content” tab, it is showing the settings I chose. I have the heading font as dancing script and the color as #d06d26 but it is showing up as comics sans with white text.

Thanks for the heads up on the sidebar settings – I didn’t even see that. If you wouldn’t mind taking a look at the content tab I’d appreciate it.

Bill Robbins

So sorry about that. On the page linked to above, the only heading and title I saw was in the widget.

It looks like you found a good old fashioned bug. I believe I have it fixed for you on your site now. I’ll make an update to the theme as well so that everyone else has it too.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Advanced
    Participant

Thanks for fixing that. I really appreciate all the help and the unsurpassed support!

Have a great evening,
    Susan

Bill Robbins

Always happy to help out.

Enjoy your evening too 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Fonts don't seem to work’ is closed to new replies.