Front Page + Blog

Support Area Forums Umami Front Page + Blog

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://royalshine.com.au
  • Author
    Mark Zezulka
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the Theme. It is honestly the best theme I have come across and would have personally paid much more for this.
    2 Questions here:

1) on the Front Page; I just cannot find where I can add the text underneath the Navigation Tab. In the Demo it shows the Business Hours, Contact Email, Number and address.

2) How do I activate the Blog part of the Theme. So that customer can click on ‘Blog’ and go to a blog styled just like the demo. Also once active, how do I write a article and post it, with pictures?

Thank you very much.

Bill Robbins

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your business first of all. I really do appreciate it. Great questions too. Let’s find answers for you:

1) The text below the navigation menu is added via a widget. In the demo, we use a widget called “Hours and Contact” to add in the text there. If you simply need to include text, you could just use a text widget.

The widgets are controlled by going to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and selecting Widgets. The available widgets will be listed on your left and the widget areas in the theme will be on your right. You can drag widgets from the left and drop them on the right to add them. Once you add them, a small configuration panel will open up that lets you set their options.

2) You can add in a blog. First go to the pages section in your dashboard and create a new page for your blog. Then go to the Settings section and select Reading. At the top of this screen you can select what your front page displays. There’s a drop down right below the one that choose the front page where you can set the “posts” page. That’s your blog. Choose the page you just created to be your posts page and then update your page. That should give you a blog now.

To add posts to it, go to the post section in your WordPress control panel and select Add New. Just fill in the title and content and publish it. That’s all you have to do to add it to your site.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Mark Zezulka
    Participant

Amazing!
    Thank you so much!
    🙂

Bill Robbins

Anytime Mark. Have a great day 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Front Page + Blog’ is closed to new replies.