Foxy Issues

Support Area Forums Foxy Foxy Issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    WIlliam Kelly
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    Two questions.

1.) I am having an issue with the Media library. Thumbnails do not show up – just blank images, but they are there and I can set them as feature image, but clicking on image to edit gives me 404 error.

2.) Images seem to take a very long time to upload and often time out, even though they are well below the image size threshold. It does not appear to be a browser-based issue as this is happening in every browser FF. Safari, etc.

Bill Robbins

William,

I have seen the new media library do some unusual things from time to time. It sounds like both of those issues are either related to the WordPress installation or to a server configuration issue. You might try reinstalling the WordPress core files by going to the updates part of your Dashboard and reinstalling version 3.5.1.

You also might try going back to the default permalinks to see if that helps with the 404 errors. Since your pages are showing up, that’s not likely it though, but it’s worth a shot.

If you’d like to send over a login to support@organizedthemes.com I’d be glad to take a look at the back-end too.

Bill

WIlliam Kelly
    Participant

Bill,
    Still having an issue with the location/hours widget in the left sidebar – it is still disappearing on some pages. Do you think this is a PreviewDNS issue or could something else be causing it to not display? Thanks.

Bill Robbins

It could be sidebar preference issue. The sidebar areas are set to load based on the page being viewed and if there are any widgets in the sidebar too.

On the home page, if there are widgets in the home sidebar, it will be displayed.
    In the staff section, if there are widgets in the staff sidebar, it will be displayed.
    In the food section, if there are widgets in the food sidebar, it will be displayed.
    In the services section, if there are widgets in the food sidebar, it will be displayed.
    In a category archive, if there are widgets in the category sidebar, it will be displayed.
    While viewing a post, if there are widgets in the post sidebar, it will be displayed.
    On a page, if there are widgets in the page sidebar, it will be displayed.

Lastly if none of the more specific conditions above are met, the default sidebar will be displayed.

Generally when you have unusual widget disappearances it’s related to that.

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

WIlliam Kelly
    Participant

Perfect – thanks. I had it set up as the default, so I figured it would display on all page types. Once I added it to all page types individually it displays fine.

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. Have a great week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Foxy Issues’ is closed to new replies.