Foundation Home Page

Support Area Forums Foundation Foundation Home Page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Participant

I just downloaded the latest version of the Foundation theme and I have a couple questions. I don’t understand the slide show. I have several photos showing in the media library but I don’t know how to associate them with the slide show. The slide show is blank and has a spinning icon in the center like it is waiting for content. Also, I created a home page but that is a separate page from the default home page that came with the theme. When I press the home button on the menu I want it to go to the page with the slide show and the newsletter request.

Bill Robbins

Adding a slide is basically like adding a post or page. Go to the media section and select slides and add a new one. The slide image will be the “featured image” for that slide and there is a field below the title where you can specify a link if you’d like to (it’s optional). If you need any help with featured images, there is a quick screencast about them in the video section. You can set an image that is already in your media library to be the featured image for that slide by clicking the “Set Featured Image” link and then browsing to that image and selecting “use as featured image” while viewing it.

The theme includes a built in home page. To use it, make sure to have your reading settings with the front page showing the latest posts. That will cause the built in homepage to be displayed.

If you ever need to disable the built in homepage, you can do that by renaming the home.php file that’s included in the theme folder to something else. That can be done with a FTP program or your web host’s control panel.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Foundation Home Page’ is closed to new replies.