Font style – can't seem to locate area to control this one menu item

Support Area Forums Foxy Font style – can't seem to locate area to control this one menu item

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Stacy Niedzwiecki
    Participant

We are using Foxy for a client’s hot dog stand and we love it!

However – on this section: http://damdogs.com/menu/hot-dogs-and-more – we’ve noticed that if we don’t have an accompanying photo to go with the menu description – the font is coming up very small and italic. In this case – it’s the hot dog named “No Name (No Dog)”. How can we get at this one item so we can make it match the other offerings? Ironically – if we add a photo to this – the issue would resolve itself. However – at the present time – we don’t have a photo to use for this menu item.

Also – it it possible at ALL to assign a particular photo to a menu item for the page’s background?

All best,
    Stacy

Bill Robbins

Stacy,

Thank you for your business first of all.

This is an interesting situation. In the typical menu that’s shown in the demo, the type is actually italicized. The menu items without the images appear to be displaying the default. You can change it. Here’s how:

1. Go to the theme options page and select the styling tab.
    2. At the top of the page, select “yes” to include custom styling.
    3. Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see a box for “Custom CSS.”
    4. Paste this into that box:

li.item p {
      	font-style: normal;
      	font-size: 16px;
      	font-weight: normal;
      }

5. Save your changes.

That should take care of the small, italicized font for you.

Just to make sure I understand, are you looking to assign a different background image to different menu groups or to individual menu items?

Let me know and I’ll be glad to help you out with that.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Stacy Niedzwiecki
    Participant

I think for now, I’d like at least assign a different photo for groups. We have three groups currently – but I was only able to assign one photo to the whole “Food” group. Therefore we have chips showing when we’re discussing hot dogs. Would like to try that. We aren’t linking to individual food items at this time.

Interestingly enough – I added that bit of code as suggested. It DID solve the problem – but did something else a bit odd. The photo captions used to be italic and smaller -now that also matches the menu food descriptions. Not that I mind too much – but it’s odd how that all came about. In a perfect world, I sort of liked the captions being italicized (or perhaps a yellow, smaller font to match our site).

http://damdogs.com/menu/hot-dogs-and-more

Bill Robbins

Stacy,

You can do that with just a bit of editing. Here’s how:

1. Go to the media section of your WordPress control panel and select “add new.”
    2. Upload your first menu image. Once the upload finishes, copy the URL to that image.
    3. Next go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor. From the list of files on the right, choose custom-js.php. Look for this spot:

<?php elseif (is_tax( 'menu-group' ) && of_get_option('food_image', $single = true) != "" ): ?>
      {image : '<?php echo of_get_option('food_image'); ?>'}

4. Right above that paste this:
    5. You’ll need to make two changes to that code. First, replace http://yoursite.com/image.jpg with the URL to your image that WordPress gave you when you uploaded it. Second, you’ll need to replace dogs with the name of the menu group you want this picture to go along with. You’ll want to enter what’s called the “slug” which you can find by going to Food in your control panel and selecting menu groups. The “slugs” are listed by the group name.
    6. Save your changes.

Now check and make sure that works as you want it to. Then add your other menu groups in that same way and you’ll have a unique image for each.

I think I’ll add a way to do this in the theme options page next time we have an update. That could help quite a few people out I imagine.

If you have any questions, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Font style – can&#039;t seem to locate area to control this one menu item’ is closed to new replies.