font, contact form, sidebar

Support Area Forums Moonrise font, contact form, sidebar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Aaron Tullman
    Participant

Hi Bill!

Thanks again for the help. It is always fantastic! I have a bunch of questions.

1. With the fixed header, my pages kept getting cut off. I fixed it on almost all of the pages with this: body.fixed .wrap {
    margin-top: 140px;
    }
    but that doesn’t change the homepage. Can you tell me what to put in so the top of section one on my homepage does not get cut off?

2. Can you tell me how to change the font everywhere to Ubuntu.

3. I’m using the Jetpack contact form. How do I get that into section 7 on the home page?

4. Is there any way I can delete the sidebar (comments, categories, etc) from all pages except the blog without going into the code myself?

Thanks!

Aaron Tullman
    Participant

Font is fixed! You can ignore 2.

Bill Robbins

Aaron,

Always glad to help. Let’s see if we can find answers to your questions:

1. You can change the top margin on the front page too. Place this CSS snippet in the Custom CSS box in the Styling tab of your theme options page to move the first section down too:

body.fixed #one {
    	margin-top: 140px;
    }

Update your settings and that will move the first section down. Adjust the 140 to change the distance if you need to.

2. You can choose Ubuntu as your font. To do that, go to the Theme Options page again and select the Styling tab. There are several font selectors in this tab. You’ll need to set them all to Ubuntu to make sure that font is selected everywhere.

Once you’ve done that, save your changes and that should use Ubuntu wherever you find text.

3. For the contact form, you’ll first want to create a WordPress page. The content you enter into this page will be displayed in the left hand side of the Contact widget. You can place text there or something like a contact form. Once you’re finished, publish your page.

Then go to the theme options page. There is a tab for contact. The second spot there is where you can choose a page to display on the left hand side of your contact widget. Choose the page you just made and update your settings.

That should add in the content from that page into your widget. Any contact form you’ve included there will also be shown.

You also might consider using a contact plugin like Visual Form Builder or Ninja Forms to handle your forms. They’re still not difficult to use, but offer quite a bit more flexibility than the one that’s part of Jetpack does. Just a thought there.

4. You can remove the default widgets. Go to the Appearance section and select Widgets. In the top right, you’ll see the “Default Sidebar” open with the widgets in it active. You can drag those widgets out of the sidebar to remove them. You can replace them with other widgets, or even leave it blank if you’d like to.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Take care,
    Bill

Aaron Tullman
    Participant

Thanks so much, Bill! I really appreciate your help! Everything looks great, except the widgets. I was able to remove the widgets from all of the pages, but I want them to be exclusivly on the “Blog” page. I’m using the plugin Widget Logic to do this, but it doesn’t seem to be working in Moonrise. I’m not sure if you know how to work around this, but if you do, any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Bill Robbins

Aaron,

Good question. Instead of widget logic (which is a good plugin), I would suggest using something like Content Aware Sidebars. It allows you to create new sidebars and specify exactly where they appear.

You could create a new sidebar and then have it replace the default sidebar only on your blog. That’s actually how I set up sidebars on my own site. It’s a lot easier to manage that way.

Just have the new sidebar replace the “default” one and then choose the pages, archives and so on where you’d like to have it visible.

See how that works for you,
    Bill

Aaron Tullman
    Participant

That was an awesome recommendation! Thanks so much for all of your help!

Bill Robbins

Anytime Aaron. Let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘font, contact form, sidebar’ is closed to new replies.