Featured Post not functioning in Safari

Support Area Forums Agency Featured Post not functioning in Safari

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Andrew Blackwood
    Participant

Hello there Bill,

We’re having a compatibility issue across browsers. In Safari the featured image doesn’t appear within the featured post image. We made a couple tweaks to the CSS to not display certain elements on our site (comments, authors, categories), since we aren’t really running it like a blog, and we must have broken something along the way. It works fine in Firefox and Chrome, but not Safari.

Whatever is broken isn’t within widget-featured-post.php, because its stays broken when we restore it to the default php. Do you have any suggestions? We could always completely roll back and and see which of our edits broke it, but I’d like to avoid that if possible. I know mucking around in hypothetical code is pretty tough, but is there somewhere you might suggest we check based on the symptoms our site is demonstrating? Any guidance you can offer is much appreciated!

Bill Robbins

Andrew,

I’d be glad to talke a look for you. Any chance you can send over a link to where you’re working on it?

Bill

Andrew Blackwood
    Participant

http://2539.nysf.com/. The widget is in all the sidebars and on the front page.

Bill Robbins

Andrew,

Thanks for the link. I did some digging into the source code and of your site and I think it might be some type of issue with that particular image. Safari can open the individual image directly, but like you, I couldn’t get it to open it up in the widget.

So I took another image from your site, one of the slideshow slides and inserted its URL in place of the featured post image and it displayed. Next I download your original widget image, renamed it and uploaded it to my site and was able to insert it into the widget. There’s a quick screenshot at http://d.pr/rrIc

I’d suggest, renaming the image file and then uploading it again and setting it as the featured image. See if that doesn’t help Safari display it.

Let me know if you have any trouble and have a great weekend,
    Bill

Andrew Blackwood
    Participant

Ah, very good insight Bill! It seems that firefox plays well with accented characters within file names, but safari does not. The image lifted our alumni’s name into the file name (special character included) when we exported it from our database. Definitely something to keep in mind when developing across platforms!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Post not functioning in Safari’ is closed to new replies.