Featured pics

Support Area Forums Bottega Featured pics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    miro miric
    Participant

Hello,
    can you help me – I want to put this featured images on home page (screenshot: http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/i/644357-312201265346pm.png ) to be linked with pages not with posts. How can I do that ?

Thank you in advance

miro miric
    Participant

And how can i edit this text right here on screenshot ? I want it translated in my language.

screenshot: http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/i/564502-312201270734pm.png

And because I’m working on web site for a chain of bars, how can I add this Find us address to be different on 4 pages, because owner has 4 bar in different locations ?

Thank you in advance

Bill Robbins

Miro,

Sorry for the delay; I’ve been out sick the last couple of days. Let me see if I can answer your questions.

1) The easiest way to have the featured row use pages is to actually redirect the posts to a page. The theme has a redirect function built in actually for that purpose. To use it, create a post or edit an existing one. Below the main content box you will see a box labeled “Redirect Post.” In that box paste the URL you’d like the post to be redirected to. Now you can create five posts for your five pages, add them all to the same category and then redirect them as necessary. That actually gives you more control than switching to displaying actual pages there.

2) You are welcome to change that text. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose widget-contact.php
    3. Look for this spot:
      <?php _e('Find Us:','organizedthemes'); ?>
    4. Change the Find Us in that line to the text you’d like to have.
    5. Look down a few lines until you see this:
      <?php _e('Hours:','organizedthemes'); ?>
    6. Change Hours here and save your changes.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

miro miric
    Participant

Hello,
    thank you for your response. Please do you know answer for this ?

“And because I’m working on web site for a chain of bars, how can I add this Find us address to be different on 4 pages, because owner has 4 bar in different locations ?”

And also where to change Phone xxx-xxx-xxx in footer, I want something else to write instead of Phone.

Thank you in advance,
    Miro

Bill Robbins

Miro,

Great question about the contact us widget. There is a plugin called Widget Logic that allows you to specify where a widget is visible using WordPress built in Conditional Tags.

Basically the plugin adds a box at the bottom of the widget that lets you say where the widget is visible. Say you add a text widget to the “Pages” sidebar, but you only want it to be visible on your “About” page. To do that you’d place this into the widget logic box:

is_page( 'About' ) 

Then that widget will only be visible on the page titled “About.” You can use that to create 4 different contact widgets and then specify on which pages those widgets are visible.

For the footer text, you can change that in the theme options on the “Identity” tab where it says “Footer Contact.” You can actually have any text you’d like to have here; it doesn’t have to be a phone number. Just enter what you’d like it to say and save your changes.

If I can help with anything else, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured pics’ is closed to new replies.