Featured Pages to be displayed only in 1 inner page

Support Area Forums Elite Featured Pages to be displayed only in 1 inner page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.stenzer.in
  • Author
    Rama Devi
    Participant

Hello Bill,

I just have 2 Product categories in my website, laser engraving & deep engraving. Instead of using a Place holder in the Menu for the iWatch, I want a page to be opened when it is clicked. I then want the Laser & Deep engraving to appear as the featured pages inside the iWatch. Since I just have two categories, these 2 pages should be big enough to fill the Screen. How should I set this?

Thanks

Bill Robbins

One way you could do that would be to replace the placeholder with your shop page. There is an option in the WooCommerce settings to show only categories in the shop page.

That should be the quickest way to set that up.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Bill

Rama Devi
    Participant

Will I need a Short code for the Product categories to be displayed on the Shop page?

I have a doubt. I have two product categories. So I created two seperate pages for each of those categories & used a short code for the particular products to get displayed in that Page. Since I have used a Featured Image for each of these pages, I guess a catalouge/ thumbnail of this Image gets created & will be displayed in the featured page widget. But what image will be displayed if I choose the Product categories to be displayed in the Shop page?

Also how should I make a featured page? I didnt find that in your instructions.

Bill Robbins

If you set the shop page to only display categories you don’t have to use a shortcode. Since we changed the catalog to display in two columns, that’s how these will be ligned up. The images can be set be editing each category.

See how that goes.

Rama Devi
    Participant

Bill, I tried doing what you suggested above. It did turn out real bad. Have a look at this link
    http://stenzer.in/shop/

The Page has the following issues

– The catalog is being displayed in 4 columns.

– When a specific category is clicked, it is leading to the Category page which again has 4 columns.

Moreover, we also deal with iPhones. We will require a similar page for iPhones as well, which will have different categories & images. So using a shop instead of the placeholder doesnt work for us. Rather, we want a page, which will display the category pages (with the featured image photos) in it. To be more clear, when some one clicks “iwatch”, I want a page which shows “Laser engraving” on one side & “Deep Engraving” on the other.

Bill Robbins

You’re welcome to build a page using shortcode a that doesn’t use the shop page. Woo has a shortcode to display categories. I use it on the front page of http://demo.shopdesigns.us/finesse/

If you have trouble, let me know. I’ll be out the rest of the day for a birthday outing with my family, but I can check tonight.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Pages to be displayed only in 1 inner page’ is closed to new replies.