Error message after enabling Typography

Support Area Forums Authentic Error message after enabling Typography

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I just started messing around with our new church site. I removed the header image and enabled the typography using h1, H2.

Once I found something I was happy with I went to the home page and I get the following error displayed at the top of the page and nothing I can think to do seems to work.

http://wptestsite.lifeatcornerstone.org/wp/

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/lifeatco/public_html/wptestsite/wp/wp-content/themes/authentic/admin/library/engines/typography-engine.php on line 47

Thanks,

Mike

Bill Robbins

Mike,

Sorry about that. We ended up having to take that section out of the theme, but I found a plugin called Fontific that actually works better at the same task.

We actually are swapping the theme options to a different framework (it’s already used in Foundation, Progress, Foxy, Bottega, and Curator).

There is an update to Authentic that takes out the typography section in the downloads section. I’d recommend using it and the Fontific plugin.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Mike
    Participant

I can’t seem to find an update. Should I just download the theme again and reinstall? I am currently using version 1.0.4

Mike
    Participant

FYI I think I’m back in business. I went to the php file and removed that section of code and it seems to have cured it. Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear you’re back. Removing the loading of the typography works great. You can also get the complete theme without the typography in the download section. Just download the theme again.

Let me now if I can be of more assistance.

Rob Rodgers
    Participant

I downloaded the theme again, but I am still getting the same error as mike did.

Just to remove the error please can you or mike tell me exactly what needs to be edited out of which .php file?

Thanks

Mike
    Participant

Rob,

Here is what worked for me. Drill down to your Typography php file, you should see the path in the error message. below is the path to mine and yours will be same after you are in the wordpress directory.

/public_html/wptestsite/wp/wp-content/themes/authentic/admin/library/engines

Then I copied and pasted to a text editor that displayed line numbers then found line 47 and commented out this one line of code.

/* if(is_array($custom_fonts))$fonts = array_merge($fonts, $custom_fonts); */

The line immediately prior to this is /* Merge custom fonts into main font array */

Hope that helps.

Mike

Bill Robbins

Thanks Mike,

I re-uploaded the original version of the theme without the typography. I also added a link on the instructions page (https://support.organizedthemes.com/3432/authentic/) where you can download the current beta of the theme with the options framework we use in our other themes. The link is right at the top.

The only thing yet to be finalized in the beta are the styling options outside of a custom background.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Error message after enabling Typography’ is closed to new replies.