drop down menu too high

Support Area Forums Kerygma drop down menu too high

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://cotroc.org/newsite2
  • Author
    Micah Hensley
    Participant

Hey Bill!
    I’ve almost got this site up and running! Finally! Basically just a few pictures to still fill in where the placeholders are! We’ll still probably add some elements to it later but almost ready to finally launch it at least!

Ok, so my reason for writing. For some reason the drop down menu on the navigation menu, (I”m New) is way too high. I remember we had this problem with my other site too and fixed it but can’t find what we did! I used the theme options and put some pixel counts in to the “drop down distance” section in the advanced tab, however it’s not seeming to move it?! Any ideas?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Micah,

Great question there. The more negative the number on the drop-down menu top distance, the higher it will be. It looks like it’s set to be -50 now. I would try somewhere around 10 (positive ten) and see how that works for you.

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Micah Hensley
    Participant

Hey Bill,

No dice. Not sure what’s up. I tried higher numbers too and it just isn’t moving??

Bill Robbins

In the Custom CSS you have this style:

nav#top-menu ul li:hover ul {
    	margin-top: -50px;
    }

which will override the built in option. It’s what’s moving the menu so high.

Also when you enter the value in the provided box to adjust the drop-down distance, don’t forget the px at the end so the browser knows what type of measurement you’d like to use.

Micah Hensley
    Participant

Perfect! That did it! Not sure why I had that in there?! Oh well! Working now! Thanks again Bill!

Bill Robbins

No problem Micah. Have a great day 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘drop down menu too high’ is closed to new replies.