Drop Down Menu Colors

Support Area Forums Grassroots Drop Down Menu Colors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.highfields.co/about/
  • Author
    Molly Linn
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having two issues with the drop down menu. Here’s the first:

There are two pages on the website that I’m working on that have secondary navigations. For instance, the “About” page also has a “Reports” page, a “Board of Directors” page and a “Leadership Team” page underneath it. I have it set that the navigation menus should have a white background and dark blue text with a teal color for the hover text. The problem is, when I am on the “About” page, the navigation text is white, which blends in with the white background, and the hover text remains white as well. However, when I am on a secondary page, such as “Reports,” the navigation menu works fine; the text is dark blue and when I hover, it turns teal.

The second problem is with the hover text on the page being viewed. I have it set so that the navigation text is dark blue and teal for the hover color. However, when I am on, for example, the “About” page, when I hover over “About,” it turns green (like in the demo) rather than teal. However, When I am on the “About” page and I hover over another navigation item, that item turns teal.

If you are able to provide any insight as to how I can fix these issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Molly Linn

Bill Robbins

Good Afternoon Molly Linn,

Sorry for the trouble there. White text on a white background certainly won’t work. It looks like a bit of style specificity is causing the trouble here. This is how to take care of that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

nav#top-menu ul li.current-menu-item ul li a, 
      nav#top-menu ul li.current-menu-item ul li a:visited {
      	color: #1f1d78;
      }

3. Update your settings.

I’m presently working on an update to the theme, so I’ll roll and adjustment for sub-menu items of the current page into it that should help anyone else who has this trouble too.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Molly Linn
    Participant

Beautiful! The navigation items are showing up now. When I used your code, the lime green was still the hover color for the current page, but I used your code to figure out how to fix that as well. Thank you so much for your help!

Bill Robbins

Always happy to help out. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Drop Down Menu Colors’ is closed to new replies.