Donation Bar Maintenance

Support Area Forums Foundation Donation Bar Maintenance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Kimberly Michael
    Participant

Is there a way to have the donation bar widget update information update from one place? It looks like the percentage has to be updated at each bar location on a given site.

I’d like to place a donation widget on each page’s sidebar, but I’m hesitant to put in too many places I’ll have to remember to update. Am I making this harder than it is? Right now I’m looking at using it on home page, general sidebar and blog sidebar.

Not complaining; this is a terrific theme and perfect for my…foundation!
    thanks
    Kimberly

Bill Robbins

Kimberly,

That’s a fantastic question. Since there isn’t a centralized admin for the donation widget, it can be difficult to sync multiple instances of the widget.

One way to make that easier would be to use a plugin called Content Aware Sidebars. This plugin will allow you to create new widget areas on you site that either replace existing ones or add to them.

What you could do is create a new widget area (sidebar) called Donations for example. Then cause it to be added to the sidebars on your blog and default sidebar views and also to the Home Bottom. That way you only have one instance of the widget to update. If I was setting that up, that’s whow I would probably go about it.

If I can help with anything, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Donation Bar Maintenance’ is closed to new replies.