Donate Bar Not Showing

Support Area Forums Agency Donate Bar Not Showing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.sharethemiracle.org/
  • Author
    Dan Usher
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’m having somewhat of a nightmare trying to get the homepage the way i need it. I want the page to have the scrolling images, the donate bar and then the page content below it.

If i select the attribute to ‘home’ on the page, it’ll completely remove the content below the donate bar.

Equally if i do the page as a ‘post’, it’ll remove the scrolling images from the top. I’ve been playing with every combination of settings that i have on offer and nothing works. Any help would be great. I’ve tried changing the homepage in the ‘reading’ section which does work but will never show the scrolling images, the donate bar and the content at the same time.

I’ve ticked the show donations bar on the homepage in the settings and that will work but only at the detriment of losing the content.

Screenshots attached of what i have. I need option 3 with images, donate bar and content showing.

THanks.

Bill Robbins

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. The donation bar is built into the home page template. In order to use it on your site, you’ll want to have a page that’s set to use that template.

The content for that template is set to come from widgets. There is a widget area (sidebar) that’s specifically for the widgets on your home page.

If you’d rather just have page content instead of widgets, you can do that with just a bit of editing. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose page-home.php and find this line:

<?php get_footer(); ?>

3. Right above that, paste in this:

Be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email.

4. Save your changes.

That should add in a content area and sidebar to your home page below the donation bar. If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Dan Usher
    Participant

Legend, thanks Bill. That’s spot on.

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that helped out. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Donate Bar Not Showing’ is closed to new replies.