diable review

Support Area Forums Grassroots diable review

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    james lee
    Participant

Hi

Do you know how i can disable the review?

http://www.buildhopeinternational.org/?product=donate

I unchecked Enable ratings on reviews but the review is still there

james

Bill Robbins

Good Morning James,

I don’t believe there is a global setting to disable reviews. The spot that I know of to turn them off is on a product by product basis.

Edit the product where you want to turn off reviews. In the product data box, click on the advanced tab. There is a checkbox there to “enable reviews” that you can uncheck. Update your product and that should turn them off.

If you run into trouble, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

james lee
    Participant

This is great. I am almos there finishing up the site.

Is there a way to remove Suggested Price: $100.00

And change the wording for “Name your own price”

Also is there a way to out recurring dination?

Thank you
    James

Bill Robbins

Hey James,

Let’s see what we can do here.

You can hide the suggested price line. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.name_price h5.price {
      	display: none;
      }

3. Update your settings.

Changing the “Name your own price” bit can be done, but it’ll have to be edited since the plugin doesn’t have an option for that.

1. Go to plugins in your WordPress dashboard and click on edit.
    2. Using the drop-down menu in the top right hand corner, choose the Name your own price plugin.
    3. Next look in the files on your right for one called price. If you don’t see it you may have to install a plugin called WP Editor in order to edit the file. WordPress built in editor can only reach files as far down as sub-folders. This one is in a sub-sub folder. The WP Editor plugin changes that. You could then find the file in the templates/single-product/ folder.
    4. Locate this line:

<label><?php echo get_option('shatner_label', "Name your own price") ?> </label>

and change the Name your own price text there to what you’d like it to say.

5. Save your changes.

That should let you adjust what is said there.

It is possible to set up recurring donations. To do that you will need an extension that has subscriptions as an option. There is an official one at WooThemes, but it’s pretty pricy at $199 per site. On Code Canyon, there is a much less expensive one available for $29 (http://codecanyon.net/item/subscriptio-woocommerce-subscriptions/8754068).

I haven’t tried either one personally yet. I do plan on using the official one this spring on a project but I haven’t gotten quite that far at this point.

You’ll also want to make sure your payment processor accepts recurring payments. PayPal does, but some others don’t so check on that before you buy.

See if that doesn’t help out,
    Bill

james lee
    Participant

wow perfect, wanted to put some products on front page like you have on the sample so i went to widgets and try to find one but i did not see it. How do i do that> sorry so many questions

james lee
    Participant

Can we also put product with a page?

Bill Robbins

There is a campaign widget you can use to add a campaign “product” to the front page. That’s the one we use in the demo.

WooCommerce has quite a few shortcodes you can use to add various elements to page/posts and so on. There is a list of them at http://docs.woothemes.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/

It looks like to add a product you would use this:

[product id="99"]

where 99 is the id of the product. You can find the ID by hovering over the product in the products screen in the WordPress admin section. It’ll appear then for you.

I’m not sure how it will look, but that should let you add a product to a page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘diable review’ is closed to new replies.