Contact and Menu Pages

Support Area Forums Moonrise Contact and Menu Pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Morgan Hurley
    Participant

Hey Bill,

I am confused on the differences between setting up pages for my menus, services, and contact and having them show up on their corresponding web pages. I have a contact section set up from my theme options, but when I go to the contact page, the previous information does not show up. Also I am trying to get my widgets to show up on all of the other pages, but I can’t figure out how to get the sidebar to show up on the other pages! Help please!

Morgan

Bill Robbins

Morgan,

So sorry to confuse you. Let’s see if we can get this straightened out for you. The content section in the theme options page can be used to add in your contact details to that section of your home page.

There is also a Contact Page template you can use for an inside page if you’d like to. To do that, create a new page (or edit an existing one you’d like to use). Look in the right hand column for a box labeled “Attributes.” In that box there is a drop-down for templates. Choose “Contact” as the template. Then update or publish your page.

That should assign the contact template to that page for you. It will pull the map and times from the contact section of the theme options page into the page template. Any content you enter into the page’s main content box will be displayed on your left.

The contact page template and the contact section of the home page also have a sidebar area attached to them. It’s labeled “Contact” and you can find it in the widget section (Appearance > Widgets). Only widgets added to that section will appear there.

To have widgets appear across all the other sidebars, add them to the “Default” sidebar. It’s the one that appears unless one of the other, more specific sidebars is in use.

Say you’re viewing a page and you have a widget in the “page” sidebar. The widget from the page sidebar will appear and not any from the default. If you’re viewing a page and there are no widgets in the page sidebar, then the default will be visible.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

If I could ask you a question. I’ve been considering remaking the home page and instead of using the theme options to populate it, making it all widget based. So if you want to have a services block, you add a services block widget. Would that be easier for you to set up or not?

Thanks,
    Bill

Morgan Hurley
    Participant

Hey Bill, so I figured out all the widget stuff from the contact page to starting a default widget. That worked perfect. I like the idea of the widgets. That has been a lot easier to figure out. I am just doing Jpg’s and PDF’s of the menu. So I am creating new page drop down’s for the different sections. It took me a bit to figure out the contact sheet. I had to delete and start it fresh for some reason. Thanks will probably hit you up with some new questions soon! haha

Morgan

Bill Robbins

I’m glad you were able to sort that through. As you think of other questions, just let me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Contact and Menu Pages’ is closed to new replies.