Changing Width of Widgets placed on Pages

Support Area Forums Moonrise Changing Width of Widgets placed on Pages

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Kat
    Participant

Hello Bill!

Sorry to bother you again and I am not even sure this is something you can help with or if it should be directed toward the widget-authors, but here’s what I’m struggling with:

I am using “Widgets on Pages” to incorporate a Testimonials page via the widget “IvyCat Testimonial Widget” (uses shortcode to display on pages). The testimonials widget displays fine on the page of choice, however it only has sidebar-widget-width and I’d like the widgets that are placed on pages to utilize full width. Makes sense?

Here’s a sample page for you to look at: http://karma-k9.com/wp/?page_id=1329

Like I said, I’m not sure if this is controlled by the theme or the plugins?

Thanks a ton in advance,
    Kat.

Bill Robbins

Kat,

Good question. Widget styling can go either way. Every theme needs to have some styling for widgets and most plugins, especially good ones, will respect that.

In Moonrise, we have a width set on the widgets so you can have multiple widgets on the home page and only have the “block” ones fill up the full width of the screen. You probably don’t want a Facebook like box going the full width.

We can make this widget full width though. Just paste this in your Custom CSS box and that should do it:

.widgets_on_page .widget {
    	width: 100%;
    }

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Kat
    Participant

That’s perfect! THANK YOU! 🙂

Bill Robbins

Anytime Kat. Have a good night.

Kat
    Participant

Is there a place I can review/rate you and your themes?

Bill Robbins

Kat,

If you want to leave a testimonial here, I’d love to use it. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Width of Widgets placed on Pages’ is closed to new replies.