Can I remove these?

Support Area Forums Bottega Can I remove these?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Micah Larson
    Participant

In the theme for each of the pages and posts I have shut down comments.

Is there a way to get it so that at the bottom of every page/post it doesn’t state “comments are turned off”

as well as to remove the header line with the posting date, author, “make a comment”, filed under “category” below the posting title?

Bill Robbins

Micah,

Thank you for your business first of all. You can remove those items. Here’s how:

1. Go to the theme options page and select edit.
    2. From the list of files on the right, choose single.php and look for this spot:

<?php comments_template('',true); ?>

and delete it.

3. Save your changes.
    4. Next go to the theme options page and select the styling tab.
    5. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

p.post-meta {
      	display: none;
      }

6. Update your settings.

That will take out the comments section and remove the byline from your posts. If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Mark Thomas
    Participant

Just seen and implemented this hack for a client site.

I like the way that you can add the Custom CSS to remove the Post Meta data.

Am I correct in assuming that anything that is posted to the Custom CSS box will not be overridden in future updates.

Great theme BTW,

Cheers

Mark

Bill Robbins

Mark,

Glad you like the theme. You are correct that what you place in the Custom CSS box won’t be overwritten by future theme updates. It’s a safe and easy place to add in CSS changes.

If you need to make quite a few changes though, the best way to do that is with a child theme. There’s an article in the Codex about child themes that can walk you through the ins and outs of them. They’ll let you safely change functionality and template files without affecting the main theme.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I remove these?’ is closed to new replies.