Bottega, Replicating Home Screen Features of Live Demo

Support Area Forums Bottega Bottega, Replicating Home Screen Features of Live Demo

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Eric Rosas
    Participant

Silly question, I am new to WordPress development, but not with web design/development. I purchased the Bottega theme and I am in the process of designing the homepage. What is the best way to go about replicating the image boxes on the live demo homepage(the ones where when you hover over an overlay pops up and it leads to another page)? Is this a WordPress plugin or custom code? Any information that anybody can provide will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Bill Robbins

Eric,

Thank you for your business first of all and welcome to WordPress. The row of image boxes on the home page are part of the theme. The text and images come either from recent posts or from food menu items. In the theme options page, if you’ll go to the Home Page tab, you’ll find the options in the “featured row” section there.

First you can choose to display posts, a menu group, or leave the row out altogether. If you pick posts, you’ll then choose a category as a source for those posts. If you only use one category on your site, then that will be the only option. If you have more than one, you can choose there. Only categories that have posts published in them will be visible.

If you go with a menu group, you’ll need to choose the group from that drop down.

Which every way you choose to go, the image is the “featured image” for that post or menu item. The text that is displayed is the title of that post/menu item.

If you need help adding a featured image, there’s a quick video in our video section about them.

If you need any help, let me know,
    Bill

Eric Rosas
    Participant

Ah I am liking how intuitive WordPress is! Thanks for your help your directions worked perfectly!

Bill Robbins

That’s great to hear. If you need anything else, let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Bottega, Replicating Home Screen Features of Live Demo’ is closed to new replies.