Blog – Page Links (numbers + arrows) don't work

Support Area Forums Foxy Blog – Page Links (numbers + arrows) don't work

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.hgwmodels.cz/?lang=en
  • Author
    Martin Bobek
    Participant

Hello there,

my problem is movement between blog pages which doesn’t work I think. When I want to go to page 2 in my blog and click on the no. 2 or on the right-arrow on the bottom of the blog-page these bring me back to front-page after loading, so, I just can’t see another blog-page than the first.

Is there any fix?

All the best

Martin

Bill Robbins

Hello Martin,

Great looking site you’ve got going there. Sorry for the trouble. I believe this will fix things for you:

1. Go to the Settings section in your WordPress control panel and select Permalinks.
    2. From the options there, choose “Postname” or any of the options other than the default.
    3. Save your changes.

See if that won’t let your pagination work. If it doesn’t let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

PS — If you’re ok with it, I’d love to include your site in our theme showcase.

Martin Bobek
    Participant

Hi Bill,

thanks for the fast reply.

Unfortunately this doesn’t work for me. Isn’t there a problem with the multi-language plugin which changes all urls in my site?

No problem with adding my site to your showcase.

Martin

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Martin,

There’s one more option we can try. Let’s change out the numbered pagination for previous/next links and see if that makes a difference. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose paging.php
    3. Replace everything there with this:

Be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email.

4. Save your changes.

That should swap out the numbered pagination for some simpler previous/next arrows. Let’s see if that allows it to work like it should.

Let me know what you turn up there. If it works, then we could try a pagination plugin next to see if it’s possible to add that back if you’d like to.

Thanks,
    Bill

Martin Bobek
    Participant

Hi again Bill,

great, this works! It is OK with me to have there arrows only, but it is possible to make them look more bold?

Martin

Bill Robbins

I’m glad to hear that worked out. You can change the font size and weight for the arrows. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.paging a {
      	font-weight: 900;
      	font-size: 20px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

The scale on the font-weight runs from 100 to 900. You can also adjust the font size by changing the 20px to a different number to fit your needs.

See how that works and let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Martin Bobek
    Participant

Works good, thanks Bill.

I have 2 more questions if you have patience with me. 🙂

For some reason favicon is not showing when I upload it. And is there any way how to add those 2 flags (English and Czech) into the dark bar at the top of the pages?

Thanks again.

Martin

Martin Bobek
    Participant

And, sorry, one more question,

is there any way how to add helvetica neue font to foxy theme? This font supports Czech diacritics and we use it on our other pages…

Thanks for your advice.

Martin

Bill Robbins

Hello Martin,

Let’s see if we can find some additional answers for you.

Favicon — when I try to enter the URL for your favicon directly, I’m getting a file not found error. Here’s the URL: http://www.hgwmodels.cz/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/favicon.ico . You might check that again and make sure that the file is available at that address.

Flags — you can add in your flags to the header bar. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.cml_append_flags {
      	position: absolute;
      	top: 0;
      	z-index: 2000;
      	left: 0;
      }

3. That will place the flags on the left hand side of the header. If you'd like them on the right, then change the left: 0; to right: 10px; and that should make it swap sides.
    4. Update your settings.

Helvetica -- it's possible to use Helvetica. In the Styling tab of the theme options page at the bottom is an option to turn off Google fonts. Check that box to disable them. Then you can add this to the Custom CSS too:

body {
    	font-family: Helvetica, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, Geneva, sans-serif;
    }

That will change the font family to use Helvetica first.

If you have any trouble there, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Martin Bobek
    Participant

Thanks Bill,

all is working smoothly but favicon still isn’t showing – I uploaded it again and still nothing is happening.

Martin

Bill Robbins

Let’s try this for the favicon. Go to the Theme Options page and remove the favicon from there. Then go to your web host’s control panel and open up their file browser (or use a FTP program if you have one).

Find the root of your WordPress site. It’ll have several folders in it labeled things like wp-admin, wp-includes, and wp-content.

If you’ll upload your favicon to that root directory, it should be picked up by web browsers from there even if it’s not mentioned in the code.

Hopefully that will let us around this trouble.

Martin Bobek
    Participant

I am sorry, Bill, I’ve already tried this before and still nothing is happening.

I had similar problem with my prestashop once and in this case there was some bug in database. There was the row in some table related to favicon which needed to be cleared before the new upload…

Thanks for your assistence.

Martin

Bill Robbins

You might also look at your web host. Many of those add favicons as part of their installations and sometimes those can be tricky to get rid of completely.

Martin Bobek
    Participant

Hi again Bill,

I don’t see any other favicon there.

Martin

Bill Robbins

I’ll be honest. I have no idea what’s going on then.

Martin Bobek
    Participant

No problem, Bill, I’m gonna try to search some forums.

Thanks for your assistance again, great support. 🙂

Martin

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog – Page Links (numbers + arrows) don't work’ is closed to new replies.