Blog page doesn't show

Support Area Forums Agency Blog page doesn't show

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Elie Messo
    Participant

I can’t seem to show the Blog first page. I have set Reading->Front Page Display to “Your latest posts”. I have tried everything, even disabling all plugins, but it doesn’t help, the blog posts don’t show! Why is this and how do I fix it?

Bill Robbins

Great question. Most of my themes use a built in home page feature that WordPress has. To get the default home page to be visible (the one from the demo), you need to have your reading settings set as they are to display “your latest posts.”

To add a blog page, you’ll want to create a master category for all your blog posts. You can assign more than one category to your posts if you need to, but you need to assign every post you’d like to have in your blog to a common category. Then you can add that category to your navigation which will create a blog “page.” You can add categories to your navigation by going to the Appearance section and select menu. They are added just like pages.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Elie Messo
    Participant

The default homepage is still not visible. As I wrote above, I have set the Reading settings as you describe. Check the page here:

aa.melammu.com

If you go to the “Master” menu option, you’ll see that it can display the blog. But what I want is to have it displayed on the firstpage/homepage. Even though I have my Reading settings right, it doesn’t show!

Bill Robbins

If you want to display blog post on your homepage, you’ll need to delete the default home page file. Use either your web host’s control panel or a FTP program to open up the theme agency theme folder and then delete (or rename) the file home.php.

After you do that, then your most recent posts can be displayed on your home page.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Elie Messo
    Participant

If I rename the file, I get the followring error when I browse to the page “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in …./wp-content/themes/agency/index.php on line 41”

Bill Robbins

Elie,

Any chance you could just send me a login to the email address you used earlier. I’ll set it right quick for you.

emilia farrace
    Participant

After following this thread – I also get this same syntax error on line 41 on my index.php page.

Was there follow up with this? Can I get help as well?
    Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Emilia,

If you’d like to send a link to your site and a login to support@organizedthemes.com, I’d be happy to take a look for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog page doesn't show’ is closed to new replies.