Blog Changes

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Blog Changes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Carl Holden
    Participant

My site’s blog http://southernfaithwebsites.com/blog/ doesn’t flow well because I can’t seem to find where to edit the blog feed. The date of the blog has no space from the end of the last entry, making it a bit confusing. Can you direct me on how to fix this and how to add “read more” after the blog post snippet?

Bill Robbins

Carl,

You can change the spacing on the blog page. The date block is originally created to serve as a separator between the blog posts by having a different colored background. You’re certainly welcome to change that. Here’s a CSS snippet you might try building on to give you a bit more space:

.blog article,
    .archive article {
    	margin-bottom: 60px;
    }

p.time {
    	margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

The first style gives 60 pixels of space between posts in blog archives. The second adds 20 pixels of space between the date and the top of the featured image if it’s used.

Also you might want to add this as well:

#nav-bar li a,
    #nav-bar li a:visited {
    	padding: 4px 10px 6px;
    }

That will reduce the padding around the menu items to keep them from overflowing the menu bar. I have to set a height for the menu bar because of the way it must fit against the content panel in the image/gallery layouts. Otherwise we could just adjust the height based on the menu items directly.

You can also change the read more text that’s used with the more quicktag. To do that, go to the Appearance section and select Edit. From the files on your right, choose index.php and find this line:

<?php the_content(); ?>

and replace it with this:

This will tell WordPress to use Read More where you insert the more quicktag in your post content. You can change the Read More to the text you’d like to have displayed there.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog Changes’ is closed to new replies.