best practice for updating moonrise theme?

Support Area Forums Moonrise best practice for updating moonrise theme?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Bart Murray
    Participant

We are using 1.1.6 and we are not getting a responsive result on any mobile devices we have tested. I am considering designing a mobile version of the site but wanted to see what you recommend before going to that trouble and expense. We have tried all of your suggestions including deactivating jet pack. We are considering updating the theme, but not sure if the one you offer is beyond the version we have installed already? If it is, what is the best practice you recommend to update the theme without losing all customized content on the site? We have updated themes in the past and have paid dearly for doping this when losing all our website’s earlier customization. Please tell me how to update Moonrise without losing our customizations? thanks

Bill Robbins

Bart,

Good questions there. First of all, any chance you could send over a link so I can take a look at your site on a mobile device. If you’ll let me know what specifically you’re having trouble with, I’ll be glad to help with that.

For theme customizations that are upgrade friendly you really want to use a child theme. It’s the best way to go about making changes to a theme in an way that they will not be overwritten by an update. That’s if you’re making edits to the actual theme files. If you’re only making customizations in the theme options, those will still be there after you update. Still it’s always a best practice to make a backup before updating in case something goes wrong.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bart Murray
    Participant

just sent you an email directly with additional information on the site I speak of, thanks Bill!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘best practice for updating moonrise theme?’ is closed to new replies.