Basic Foundation Training

Support Area Forums Foundation Basic Foundation Training

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Carl Spady
    Participant

I need some basic help with some of the features, is there a library of videos that I can use? For instance I need help figuring out how to get my menu to go into the gray bar across the top, also I need to know how to get my social icons to appear in the right side of that bar. Also, is there a gallery feature built in or can I install NextGEN Gallery? How does the Staff feature work? How do those pages show up after I entered there info? How do I get the structure of my pages to fill in?

Bill Robbins

Carl,

Good question. There is a video section in our site where you can learn more about how WordPress works.

For your menu, you can set that up by going to the appearance section and selecting menu. There you can create a custom menu for your site and add pages/categories to it. There is a video to illustrate how that works.

The social icons are set up in the theme options page. Go to the appearance section and select theme options. There is a section under identity where you can enter the URL to the social media profiles you use. That will cause the icons for the services you enter a URL for to be visible in your navigation bar.

WordPress does have a built in gallery feature. There is a video about it also in the video section that can walk you through it.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Basic Foundation Training’ is closed to new replies.