Agency Theme Options tab did not appear

Support Area Forums Agency Agency Theme Options tab did not appear

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Laurin Hodge
    Participant

Hi! I am pretty comfortable in WordPress so I’m a tad stumped as to why I can’t figure this out.

I downloaded the Agency theme yesterday and installed it on my site (www.mission-launch.org) and I’ve been able to get my menu and pages done but for some reason my install did not auto add the “Agency Theme Options” tab so I can’t fix the homepage.

I’ve done as much as I can with the “Appearance” and “Settings” tab but need to get the home page complete.

Any suggestions on what could be going wrong?

Bill Robbins

Laurin,

Thank you for your business and sorry for the trouble. We recently changed the Agency theme in an update and I’m a bit behind on updating the documentation.

Here’s what you’ll want to do to set up your home page.

1. Create a new page (or edit the one that you’d like to have as your home page).
    2. In the right hand column, you’ll see a box labeled “Attributes.”
    3. In that box is a drop-down menu that contains the page templates that are part of the theme. Choose “Home” there.
    4. Publish your page, or update it if you’re using an existing page.
    5. Next go to the “Settings” section of your WordPress control panel and choose “Reading.”
    6. At the top is a spot that says “Front page displays” followed by two choices. Choose “A static page” and then select the home page you created from the drop down there.
    7. Save your changes.

That will set your home page. The content on your home page is made up of widgets. You can add those by going to the Appearance section and selecting “Widgets.”

The theme options can be found by going to Appearance and selecting “Theme Options.” There you will find four tabs: General Options, Donation Bar, Slideshow and Styling. To set up your donation bar, click on the “Donation Bar” tab and fill in the fields there and your donation bar will be live on your site.

You can add slides to the home page slideshow by going to the Media section and selecting slides. Adding a slide is similar to add a post. The featured image of the slide serves as the picture that’s displayed on the front of your site. Here’s a quick video that walks through adding those:

If you run into any trouble or have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Laurin Hodge
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply! I will go try this now.

Laurin Hodge
    Participant

Hi again Bill –

Really sorry but after looking at the video I’m not sure if I should be following the Agency theme set-up or not. The video above is for the Progress theme and when I went to the “Media” > “Slides” option I was unable to add a new slide. I could however add a new media but it did not prompt the option to add a new slide.

Bill Robbins

Lauren,

Good point. I made the video using our Progress theme. Since that time, we’ve moved all our themes to use the same basic slideshow configuration as Progress.

Basically you go to Media and select “Slides.” That will open up the slides area. Any published slides will be listed here.

To add a new slide, click “Add Slide” next to the title “Slides” at the top of the page. That will open up a screen that looks like this:

You can enter a title, just for your own reference. Below the title there are fields for a link URL if you’d like to make the slide link to a specific web address and also for a video embed code if you’d like this slide to contain a video.

To add an image, click “Set Featured Image” in the right hand column. This will open up the media uploader. Just drag the image you’d like to use into it. Once the upload completes, you’ll have an opportunity to add a title and alternate text to your image. Down below those spots is the link you click to set that image as the featured one. Click that link.

Next publish your slide. That will cause it to appear in the header of your home page.

If it would be helpful for me to add a slide to your site, I’d be happy to. Just send a login for your site to support@organizedthemes.com and I’ll take care of it.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Laurin Hodge
    Participant

Thank you! I just realized it was Operator error and I am probably more tired than I know because I totally missed the “Add slide” at the top of the screen. Sorry.

Bill Robbins

Always glad to help out. I’ve missed more than my fair share of things being more tired than I realized too.

If you need anything else, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Agency Theme Options tab did not appear’ is closed to new replies.