Adding Text Beneath Slider on Home Page

Support Area Forums Forward Adding Text Beneath Slider on Home Page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://cattcomemorial.com
  • Author
    Participant

Good Morning, Bill! –

Is it possible to add text beneath a slider on my static home page? I have tried several ways but no luck. I have had several visitors who have suggested that we briefly explain the purpose for our site there.

John

Bill Robbins

Good Morning John,

You can do that. What you’ll want to do is edit your home page. Add the text you’d like to display in the main content box there and update your page.

Next go to Appearance in your WordPress admin and click on Widgets. In the area on your left, locate the “Page Content” widget and drag it to the Home Widgets spot on your right. That will add this widget to your home page and open up the options for the widget. Choose your home page as the source of the content and save your widget.

That should add in the content from your home page down below the slider. If you have any trouble or questions, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Participant

Bill –

I added the page content widget but it displays an offset static slider page with the added text. Doesn’t look like I did it right!

John

Bill Robbins

It looks like you’re using a slider plugin for the slideshow. Is it picking up that slider and duplicating it? If that’s the case, make sure the slider isn’t inserted into the content of your home page in addition to being added via a widget.

Let me know what you turn up.

Participant

Bill –

Yep, the slider was duplicated in the content of the home page. Removed it and the text appears but it is a left-aligned text block. Can it appear as a simple text line centered at the bottom of the slider?

John

Participant

Bill –

Saved the wrong screenshot! here’s the right one.

John

Bill Robbins

Hello John,

Try this to make the widget full width:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Customize.
    2. Look down for the advanced section and click on it. Then choose Custom CSS.
    3. In the box there, add this:

#home-widgets .widget.home-page-block {
      	width: 100%;
      }

4. Save your changes.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Participant

Bill –

Success again! Thanks so much for your excellent support.

John

Bill Robbins

Fantastic…have a great night John.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Text Beneath Slider on Home Page’ is closed to new replies.