Adding staff page

Support Area Forums Elite Adding staff page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    rachel gagne
    Participant

Hi!

I’m trying to use a ‘staff page’ as a directory in Elite but the outcome is pretty strange: take a look at the attachment. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks 🙂

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Rachel,

Sorry for the trouble there. Did you happen to add a featured image for each staff member? The layout for the staff requires an image for each of them in order for it to work properly. You get best results by adding an image that is 405 pixels wide by 525 pixels tall or larger.

If that doesn’t fix things, let me know and if possible, send over a link to your staff page so I can take a closer look for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

rachel gagne
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I actually removed all images and only left the name and website address but the look stays the same. Here’s the website address: http://www.plussizefashionfinder.com/

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Thanks Rachel. I took a look and it does appear that you’ll need to add a featured image to your first “staff” member (http://www.plussizefashionfinder.com/staff/addition-elle-3/). Once you do that, the layout should snap back into place. I’ve attached a screenshot of what it looks like when I add an image from the demo to your first staff member.

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

rachel gagne
    Participant

Thanks Bill, this is much better… Quick question: is there a way to have the text showing right beside the picture instead of having to click on the picture to see the text…?

Bill Robbins

Just about anything can be done. In this case it would take a bit of editing to create that layout. You might be better off to use a full width page and just enter the content there manually. You could float the images to your left and enter your content on the right beside them.

If you do need to swap out the staff layout like that, the best way to go about it would be with a child theme. That way you can modify the theme without losing the ability to update it in the future easily.

If you need help, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding staff page’ is closed to new replies.