adding simple text in a transparent box to my home page

Support Area Forums Foxy adding simple text in a transparent box to my home page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://spuntinoofdoylestown.com
  • Author
    Salvatore Carollo
    Participant

hello, id like to add some text in a transparent box to my home page. basically so i can have a sort of welcome message for visitors of my site. how can i do that? id like to keep it in the same style as my food menu (white text with a dark transparent box background).

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Salvatore,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question too. You can do that. Here’s what I would do. Use the default page template and add your content to that page you typically would. Then we’ll add a bit of custom styling to it so that it has a transparent background. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.home #content {
      	background: none;
      	margin-top: 90px;
      }

.home h2.title {
      	display: none;
      }

3. Update your settings.

If you run into any trouble let me know. We may need to size the box a bit differently with the smaller amount of content there. If you need help with that, let me know once the content is added.

Thanks,
    Bill

Salvatore Carollo
    Participant

how about if i wanted to add a image to my home page? i feel like it would be easier for me to create a custom image. Id have some more control over the size, the font, and transparency.

Bill Robbins

You can do that. Just add that custom styling above. Then insert your image into the content of the page. That should place it into your image.

If you have trouble, let me know.

Salvatore Carollo
    Participant

i just want to be able to add an image to the home page. No set it up where i can add text into the image. Sort of like what i did with my logo on the home page.

Bill Robbins

You don’t have to add any text. Just upload your image that you’ve made and insert it into the page. As long as you don’t add any text, the image will be all that appears. The code snippet above removes the background and the title for you.

If you have trouble, let me know.

Salvatore Carollo
    Participant

I’ve did everything posted here. then i went to pages > add media> and then selected my image. it still does not show up on my home page.

Heres the url:
    http://spuntinoofdoylestown.com

Bill Robbins

That’s really unusual. It looks like that would be the “blank” page template, but the code is indicating that instead it is the default one. With the default the content should appear there.

Any chance you could send over a login to your site so I can take a look at the back end for you? You can email it to support@organizedthemes.com or make a private reply here (I’m the only one who can see those).

Thanks,
    Bill

Salvatore Carollo
    Participant

i just emailed you. the image i need on the home page is the welcome note in my media library

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the login. I believe you should be good to go now. It looks like in the reading settings, the front page and the posts page were both set to be the same page. That was causing WordPress to not know what to display and so nothing was coming out.

If you run into any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘adding simple text in a transparent box to my home page’ is closed to new replies.