Adding content to menu; changing the title box

Support Area Forums Foxy Adding content to menu; changing the title box

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    smithotics
    Participant

Hi,

I love the foxy theme but I am a newbie at building a website and I am only a few days into my project. ! Here are a few questions I have. My main issue is, I can not figure out how to add content to my widgets/menus. What I mean by this is, when you look at my main page and you click on “about us” or “forms” (our chosen menu options), how do I add the content that will display in that section without it being posted on the main page. I am not sure if I “configured” the widgets/menus correctly because what I have on my main screen appears strange. I have in bold the menu (home, about us, forms etc) and right below that, I have it again in a smaller version. The smaller version does hover when I have my cursor over it. As far as widgets go, I have chosen custom widgets. For the most part I have my background pictures figured out. Is it possible to size the dark black name box that is on the main page. Can one change it’s color. I could not see anything in the styling menu for that. Also is it possible to move the menus a bit to the left or will that create issues for viewers. Goodness, I hope you get what I mean by all of this. Thanks

Bill Robbins

Let me see if I can help you out.

Widgets:
    You can add content to these by going to the Appearance section of your WordPress control panel and selecting widgets. From there you can drag the available widgets (in the middle) to the widget areas or sidebars on the right. The sidebars all have names and brief descriptions to explain where they are visible in the theme. Once you’ve added a widget to a sidebar you’ll see a small configuration panel pop up so you can add set it up as you wish there.

Menus:
    To set up your menus, go to the Appearance section and select menu. From there you can add your pages and categories to a custom menu. There is a quick screencast in our video section that shows how to set them up.

Front Page
    By default, WordPress will display your most recent posts on your home page. If you’d like to use a page (like the demo does), go to the Settings section of your WordPress control panel and select reading. There you can specify a specific page to have on your home page as well as another page to serve as your blog page.

You can change the background color for the content areas. The only tricky part is Internet Explorer 8 and below need an image to make the semi-transparent background work well. I’d be glad to make an image for you, if you’ll let me know what color you had in mind.

If you have any trouble let me know and if possible, send a link to your site too so I can take a closer look for you.

Take care,
    Bill

smithotics
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you, you saved the day!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding content to menu; changing the title box’ is closed to new replies.