500 Internal Error Message

Support Area Forums Foundation 500 Internal Error Message

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    ancd
    Participant

Bill,
    We just moved our site from sub-directory to root (ancd.org) but we are getting “500 Internal Error” and hoping you can give some directions to successfully complete the move.

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Great question. It’s hard to specifically what’s causing the trouble without digging through the installation and files. Generally you see that when a function is being duplicated or one is being left out. It can happen with incorrect file path references in your setup. That’s probably what’s happening here since it was working prior to the move.

You might consider trying to “undo” the move. Return the files to their previous locations. You’ll probably have to edit the settings table in your database directly in order to change the WordPress and admin URL’s back to what they were before. Hopefully after doing that, you’ll have access at the old URL again.

There is a helpful Codex article on how to do this that I would recommend following. It’ll help you get it up and running once you’re back to square one.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

ancd
    Participant

Thanks Bill. It’s working now. The URL was pointing to a different server because the domain name host is different from the web host. Hence, the conflict.

Bill Robbins

Glad you were able to get that sorted out. Congratulations on being live now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Error Message’ is closed to new replies.