2 questions

Support Area Forums Umami 2 questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.woklliria.com
  • Author
    Esteban Lalieu
    Participant

Hey guys, i need some support, let me explain my 2 questions.

First, how can i change the name of “Navigation” button? the webpage is for a spanish restaurant and “Navigation” can be miss understood in spanish.

Second, how can i order the services and food items? i want to show it by price, but seems this is ordered in what ever order the system wants…

Thanks.

Esteban Lalieu
    Participant

Anyways, ill ask again, how can i order the services? i tryed the Simple Page Order and it doesnt work in front page, i mean, in admin panel you can easily order it, but in front page the changes doent change nothing.

The another question is, how can i change the “Navigation” name in navigation button? the page is for a spanish customer, so, how can i change it?

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Esteban,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great questions. If you’ll go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Theme Options, you can find the Navigation label in the “navigation” tab there. It’s the last option in that tab. You can choose whatever text you’d like to display there and save your changes.

It looks like something has changed in regards to setting the order in the menu and services page template. I will work on that this morning and publish an update to the theme shortly that will let you set the order on those templates with the Simple Page Order plugin again.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I believe I found the source of the sorting trouble. Here’s how to take care of it:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose page-menu-list.php
    3. Find this spot:

'post_type'	=> 'food',
      'taxonomy'	=> $category->taxonomy,
      'term'		=> $category->slug,
      'nopaging'	=> true,

4. Replace it with this:

'post_type'	=> 'food',
      'orderby'	=> 'menu_order',
      'order'		=> 'ASC',
      'nopaging'	=> true,

5. Save your changes.
    6. Next edit the page-service-list.php file and find this spot:

'post_type'	=> 'service',
      'nopaging'	=> true,

7. Replace that with this:

'post_type'	=> 'service',
      'nopaging'	=> true,
      'orderby'	=> 'menu_order',
      'order'		=> 'ASC',

8. Save your changes.

That should let you use the Simple Page Order plugin again to set the order inside the menu and service list templates. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2 questions’ is closed to new replies.